Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pujols: More Than the Game

I must confess that before reading this book I had never heard of the Cardinal's all-star slugger Albert Pujols. What intrigued me about this book was to learn more about God working through one of his children for His glory. In fact chapter 17 begins with a quote from Albert, "Baseball is simply my platform to elevate Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior." It is pretty clear that Albert was given such phenomenal talent to play the game of baseball, not to win records and accolades, but as a platform to win souls for God. This book encouraged and exhorted me to stand for Jesus Christ, by being who I am; a new creation in Christ, and the need to not be ashamed of Christ but share the gospel with those around me. With opening day for the MLB 2011 just around the corner I might fancy the thought to pay a little more attention to the game in particular how number 5 on St. Louis' roster is doing.

I received an advanced copy of this book for my review, from booksneeze.com.

No comments: