Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Faith Of Ronald Reagan

I was very interested to pick up this book and understand more deeply President Reagan's convictions and faith in God. Growing up in the 1990’s I never truly understood the legacy this man left behind. Before reading this book all I really understood was “Supply-side economics” and the like, but I never grasped the deep, personal faith in God this man had. This is actually the first biography (I use that term loosely because this book is more focused on Reagan faith as he encountered various life situations, rather than an exhaustive look at his entire life) I have read on Reagan and at times it was very moving. I marveled more than once at the Providence of God in this man's life which brought internal reflection on God's hand on my own life. There are many godly characteristics of Reagan's life I learned in this book that by God's grace I can apply to my own life: Humility, Work-Ethic, Organization, Leadership, and Devotion. From the opening pages the author Mary Beth Brown takes us right into the assassination attempt scene as we learn how God's Sovereign Hand directed the Secret Service, the Doctors, and other personal to remarkably be in the right place at the right time to save the President's life. The forward by his son, Michael was a moving introduction and set the stage nicely as this book opened. I recommend this book and it will make a good resource for a book report that my children can use when they get a little older.

I received an advanced copy of this book for my review, from booksneeze.com.

No comments: